你的...是 "fun" investment?

坍塌
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your "fun" investment?

你在技术上花钱是什么,这不是希望回归的投资,但你投入你的钱和自己的东西,因为你喜欢它?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

-George Carlin

So not an actual investment but an expenditure?

We have a large collection of Disney memorabilia. I've been collecting since the mid-70s and we have pieces in the collection dating back to the 30s. We don't actively collect much at this point and, in fact, have slowly been thinning out the collection, but we still pick up a new item now and then when we see something we like.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by 迪士尼斯维夫 查看帖子
      So not an actual investment but an expenditure?

We have a large collection of Disney memorabilia. I've been collecting since the mid-70s and we have pieces in the collection dating back to the 30s. We don't actively collect much at this point and, in fact, have slowly been thinning out the collection, but we still pick up a new item now and then when we see something we like.
      We have a few Disney items. A large Sorcerer Mickey centerpiece that lights up, a small Jiminy Christmas, and a tinker bell statue. I also got my wife for Christmas a vintage Donald Duck cookie jar.

I buy and sell Ferraris. I bought a 360 Spider in the throes of COVID, thinking I'd flip it, but I like it so much, I decided I'll just keep it. In fact I need to fire it up and take my wife for pizza in a bit.

-George Carlin

Comment

Bought about $6k of bitcoin, now worth over $30k.

Comment

Originally posted by 四分之一员工 查看帖子
          Bought about $6k of bitcoin, now worth over $30k.
          When did you buy it? I want to join this robinhood game of $2500 to $250k race
          lientalallostlarge. Blog

Comment

Originally posted by lientalallostlarge. 查看帖子

When did you buy it? I want to join this robinhood game of $2500 to $250k race
            I bought six $1000 buys in May 20202 thru July 2020 when bitcoin was $9000 - $10,000 per bitcoin. Shortly there after it went hyperbolic. Just lucky timing on my part.

Comment

I did a project car, and I'm going to do more. I've always worked on my own. Instead of going high-dollar, I go for cars that make me grin stupidly or that I just like for esoteric reasons. Expensive and modern stuff does too, but not like this. I found an IROC-Z with low miles, but it had been sitting for a long time. I put it back on the road. What a hoot! Made a tidy profit when I sold it to another enthusiast. I'm not a flipper but decided it was time to move on to make room for something else. I wish I had kept it, actually!

Comment

Originally posted by Ua_Guy. 查看帖子
                I did a project car, and I'm going to do more. I've always worked on my own. Instead of going high-dollar, I go for cars that make me grin stupidly or that I just like for esoteric reasons. Expensive and modern stuff does too, but not like this. I found an IROC-Z with low miles, but it had been sitting for a long time. I put it back on the road. What a hoot! Made a tidy profit when I sold it to another enthusiast. I'm not a flipper but decided it was time to move on to make room for something else. I wish I had kept it, actually!
                I would love to find a vintage Ferrari or Aston that needs lots of love. I don’t know much about restoring cars but I have friends that do.

-George Carlin

Comment

We really enjoy our farms. We have a place to hike, ride ATV's, camp, hunt deer and small game, fish, trap, forage mushrooms, berries, firewood, etc., plus they generate pretty good income.

Comment

Originally posted by FishIndude77. 查看帖子
                    We really enjoy our farms. We have a place to hike, ride ATV's, camp, hunt deer and small game, fish, trap, forage mushrooms, berries, firewood, etc., plus they generate pretty good income.
                    I’m actually looking to invest in another farm currently.

-George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Texashusker. 查看帖子

I’m actually looking to invest in another farm currently.
                      You aren't involved in the farm operations in any way, are you? I was assuming you simply owned the property.
                      Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

Originally posted by 迪士尼斯维夫 查看帖子

You aren't involved in the farm operations in any way, are you? I was assuming you simply owned the property.
                        Gosh I hope not. No, there's a farmer that I do a split with. He does all of the farming.

-George Carlin

Comment

Primary residence (but I do hope for a return on it eventually) --- our houses have been nicer than what we need, and this time around we're building and adding some even nicer touches.

Four-legged family members --- the returns are strictly non-monetary.

Comment

The first thing that comes to mind is my Orange Theory Fitness membership. And along those same lines, figure skating. The first is an investment in my physical self. The second is like a therapy that keeps me sane. It’s also a second career if I ever decide to take a step back from the corporate world. Background: I grew up a competitive figure skater (home schooled to train 8 hours a day, team of Olympic coaches, therapists, trainers - the whole nine yards). It was pretty expected that I would make skating my career but I walked away to go to college. I toy with the idea of becoming a recreational coach if I ever decide to have kids and want a more flexible schedule so I like having the option still.

Comment

Originally posted by 詹恩省 查看帖子
                              figure skating.

The second is like a therapy that keeps me sane. It’s also a second career if I ever decide to take a step back from the corporate world. Background: I grew up a competitive figure skater (home schooled to train 8 hours a day, team of Olympic coaches, therapists, trainers - the whole nine yards). It was pretty expected that I would make skating my career but I walked away to go to college. I toy with the idea of becoming a recreational coach if I ever decide to have kids and want a more flexible schedule so I like having the option still.
                              I went to college with a woman who was a competitive figure skater. I don't think she made the Olympic team but she did skate professionally with the Ice Capades for a time. Last I heard, she was working as a skating coach (and I graduated 35 years ago so it's possible that was a second career for her).
                              Steve

Comment

在职的...
                              X